AP Law’s experienced litigation team can assist you with your business and intellectual property disputes. We do this through:
- Negotiation and settlement
Whatever the approach, we are skillful, tough and creative. We will start by engaging in a realistic assessment of your dispute and your options. Our goal is to achieve cost effective, smart business outcomes. Results for our clients are what drive AP Law attorneys. We can handle your dispute, large or small, against even the toughest adversaries.
AP Law brings to its clients:
- Large firm practice experience
- Some of the most experienced attorneys in the Intermountain West
- Skilled litigators with extensive trial experience
- A reputation built upon numerous successes in complex litigation
- A creative and strategic approach to motion practice to win cases before trial
- An ability to handle all aspects of litigation through both trial and appeal
- Deep arbitration experience
- Appearances in courts throughout the country
- Serve as local counsel to out of state law firms
- Support for in-house counsel to provide cost-minded litigation support
- Experience with most industry sectors including technology, financial and other services, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, mining, energy, real estate, health services and securities
- Sophisticated experience serves all clients, from large publicly traded companies, to small privately held businesses, to individuals
The litigation practice of AP Law focuses on intellectual property and business disputes:
- Business torts
- Construction litigation
- Contract disputes
- Employment litigation
- Financial services litigation
- Interference with economic relationships
- Licensing litigation
- Ownership/shareholder disputes
- Patent litigation
- Trademark litigation
- Trade secret
- Professional liability
- Real estate litigation
- Unfair competition litigation
AP Law lawyers are consistently recognized for their litigation excellence:
- Super Lawyers
- Chambers (intellectual property)
- Leading Utah lawyer in Utah Business Magazine
- Utah Federal Bar Association Lawyer of the Year
- Featured in “Utah’s Most Feared Lawyers”
- Routinely present on litigation topics
- University of Utah, SJ Quinney College of Law, trial advocacy adjunct professor
In addition to our own experienced litigation team lead by Barbara Polich, we maintain relationships with a network of consultants, lawyers, and other experts in a variety of fields to provide scalable, cost-effective litigation solutions. This allows us to handle successfully even the most complex matters, while always maintaining our focus on lowered cost delivery.
As part of our scalability we welcome the opportunity to support the litigation needs of in-house counsel, including providing support for discovery, major motions, and trial, or assistance in performing objective case assessments.
We also act as local counsel on matters filed in Utah.
Negotiation and Settlement. Although not all disputes lend themselves to negotiation and settlement, when that is an appropriate approach we work hard to negotiate and settle a matter. That may mean continuing settlement efforts after litigation or arbitration is started.
Mediation. Sometimes it is helpful to use third party mediators to assist the parties in settling matters. We are experienced in making the process work effectively.
Litigation. There is no litigation too complex, too sophisticated, or too tough for us. We think we are very good at coming up with creative approaches to litigation. As a result, when we do not settle cases, we win many of our cases before trial, often against very tough and aggressive opponents. We have deep experience in handling intellectual property litigation and business dispute litigation of all types before numerous courts. Our cases have spanned a variety of industry segments including technology, financial services, health care, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, mining, energy, real estate, and securities. The client base of the AP Law lawyers has included Fortune 100 companies to mid and small companies as well as individuals.
Arbitration. AP Law lawyers know a lot about arbitration. Our knowledge comes both from representing clients in arbitrations as advocates but also from the years of deciding cases as arbitrators or engaging in arbitration case assessments. We know the ways arbitration differs from litigation and how to most effectively engage in it. We have handled both US and international arbitrations.
Appeal. Over the years, we have found it effective to handle the appeals related to the matters handled for our clients. We have done so before various courts, both state and federal. We bring experience, good judgment, and a cost effective approach to handling appeals.
We understand our clients’ needs for cost management and take an aggressive approach to reducing the cost of litigation. AP Law is prepared to assist our clients through streamlined e-discovery and custom technological solutions. AP Law has been and continues to be at the cutting edge of technology use.